Gourmet Cuisine Aboard the Northwind
Fresh, Delicious, Elegant Cuisine
Talk with anyone who has sailed with us before and they will tell you that great food is an integral component of our sailing trips. Every day Chef Jette creates delicious elegant cuisine in the Northwind galley. Most everything we serve is handmade right on the boat — an amazing feat, considering the size of the galley. Before your arrival you will be asked to complete a detailed food questionnaire. This ensures that each dish is to your group’s liking, taking into consideration dietary needs and preferences.
We focus on Pacific Northwest seafood, but can adjust as necessary. Some of Chef Jette’s specialties include fresh hand made pasta, rack of lamb, Dungeness crab cakes, blueberry nut scones, and award-winning desserts.
Sample Menu Onboard Northwind – Sail the San Juans
Typical menus from our San Juan Islands sailing charters. Actual menus will vary with your group’s selections and seasonal availability.
- Belgian waffles with seasonal berries
- Dungeness Crab-filled omelets
- Blueberry pecan scones
- Eggs Benedict
- Breakfasts include fresh fruit, along with juice, fresh ground coffee, and tea
- Blackened Salmon salad with house dressing
- Grilled Portabella burgers with Wasabe mayo
- Island Clam Chowder with Sourdough bread
- Dungeness Crab cakes with Aioli
- Curried Chicken Salad on Mixed Greens
- Grilled Chicken Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Locally smoked Salmon with cream cheese, capers and sweet onion
- Grilled Oysters with lemon butter
- Dungeness crab stuffed mushrooms
- Homemade pasta w/ wild prawns & manila clams in a light lemon cream sauce
- Filet Mignon in house marinade and roasted veggies
- Barbecued herb-rubbed wild Sockeye Salmon with Mushroom Risotto
- Fresh caught Dungeness Crab with Caesar salad
- Grilled Marinated Rack of Lamb with rosemary blue cheese scalloped potatoes.
- Apple Crumb pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Chocolate pots de Creme
- Seasonal Blackberry Cobbler
NOTE: If you have a vegan or kosher diet, or difficulty eating many foods, we may not be able to accommodate your special needs. Please contact us prior to booking with any dietary