Q&A: COVID-19 & Planning Your Cruise Aboard Northwind
How was the 2022 luxury crewed charter season during Covid-19?
We can report that we had no issues with our guests or crew due to COVID-19 while aboard the boat.
How we keep you safe.
We continue to sanitize the boat between charters, we screen our guests once they arrive at the boat before assigning cabins.
So where does that leave us with the Coronavirus for 2023 and how safe is it?
We only take a maximum of six guests each week so the risk is minimal when compared to a cruise ship that takes thousands. We also spend all but one night of our trips anchored out, so this greatly reduces exposure to crowds of people in busy ports. If you are considering chartering with us we can’t think of a safer vacation for you and your loved ones than to spend six days sailing and relaxing in quiet coves in the islands.
What is your cancellation policy?
• Up to 90 days prior to departure – Cancel for a full refund*.
• Cancellation between 90 and 60 days prior to departure will result in a forfeit of your deposit.
• Cancellation less then 60 days prior to departure will result in no refund and no rescheduling of your trip. Because of our short sailing season there are no exceptions to this policy.
*Cancellation from a credit card will incur a 4% cancellation fee to cover our processing costs. If Sail the San Juans needs to cancel your trip for a COVID related reason on our end, then we will contact you to reschedule your trip.
Should I purchase trip Cancellation Insurance?
We have always been strong believers in trip cancellation insurance, now even more so due to COVID-19. We highly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance with a supplemental “cancel for any reason” (CFAR) policy. This extra coverage should reimburse you for up to 75% of your charter fees and generally costs about 50% more than the regular policy. This can be purchased online from many sources and offers great peace of mind during the pandemic if you have to cancel last minute. You may still need to cancel a certain number of days prior to departure to get a CFAR refund. Check with your provider.
What happens if your charter company is shutdown by a state or federal agency for Covid lockdown during our scheduled charter dates?
If Sail the San Juans needs to cancel your trip for an unforeseen COVID-19 related reason on our end, then we will contact you to reschedule your trip.
What you can expect during your sail with respect to Covid
• Crew fully vaccinated
• Screening prior to boarding with temperature, pulse oximeter checks, and health questions.
• Cabins, bathrooms, seating, and high touch areas disinfected prior to boarding with EPA “N” list disinfectants.
• Crew required to regularly wash hands (guests highly encouraged)
• Hand sanitizer available to guests in common areas.
• Tables disinfected between meals.
• Masks available to guests