How to Get Here
Traveling to Bellingham from Outside Washington State
If you live outside Washington State, many people fly to Seattle and then rent a car. Our location in Bellingham Washington is about 2 hours (90 miles) north of Seattle. You can drop rentals at the Bellingham airport and take a short cab ride to the marina, or just keep your car at the marina where there is ample free parking.
Another option is to fly directly into the Bellingham International Airport on Alaska Airlines or Allegiant Airlines. You may also take the airporter shuttle bus from Seattle to Bellingham, or ride Amtrak to the Bellingham/Fairhaven train station. The marina is less than 15 minutes from the Bellingham Airport. Taxi fare runs about $15.00-$20.00.
Directions to the Bellingham Marina and Northwind
Marina address to find the boat: (Note: Address is for driving directions only, NOT to be used for mailing)
19 Bellwether Way, Suite 202
Bellingham, WA 98225
If you are driving by car from Seattle…
…take Interstate 5 North to Bellingham. Depending on traffic, allow two hours from Seattle (about 90 miles.) Follow the driving directions below, then proceed to Gate 12 which is the entrance to the marina.
- Take the exit marked 256-A (Meridian Exit). Once the exit ramp starts downhill move into the left lane and prepare to turn left to go under the freeway overpass.”
- Get in the right lane and turn right onto Squalicum Way, which is the next light past Birchwood. (approx. 1/2 mile from the freeway. You will pass the Country Club on your right) This road will curve around for about one mile and eventually become Roeder. (very typical in Bellingham that streets indiscriminately change names)
- Continue to the traffic light and turn right onto Bellwether Way–you should see Anthony’s Restaurant on your right.
- Continue driving and turn right at the stop sign (just past Giuseppe’s Al Porto Restaurant and before the underground parking) and continue driving until you can see the blue roof of Gate House 12 for the marina, next to an office building. Park as close as you can to the gate house.
- On the day of the charter you can stop by to drop your gear anytime after 11:30am and we will show you where to park your car in the marina at that time.
- Expect to board the boat between 1:45 and 2pm. Be ready to depart at that time! If you’re running late, please give us a call so we know when to expect you.
Arrival by Taxi…
Cab drivers sometimes get confused about which part of the large marina (Squalicum Harbor) to drop off our guests. For this reason instruct the driver to take you to the Hearthfire Restaurant, because most all cab drivers know where this is. The gate to the marina is just to the right of the restaurant (about 75’ ).
Finding the Boat
You must have the current gate access code (we will provide for you in your final packet) to enter the marina gate. To find the boat, pass through gatehouse and down the ramp. Take a slight right at the bottom and go to the next finger, turn left and find us at R25–at the very end.